Tuesday, April 29, 2008

"Staff meeting at 8:30 am."

A staff meeting called first thing on a Tuesday morning isn't usually a good sign at the home office, that is unless your staff meeting is a 3.5 hour bike ride in the nice sunshiny weather. I guess one of the benefits of working for a coaching company.

So I'm almost embarrased to admit that today was my longest ride of the year. Well not quite in time, but certainly in distance. I went out with big CC and a few other coaches from the office to do the Hanover loop today. 72 miles in 3.5 hours which is definitely the fastest I've ever done that loop. Of course the lack of wind helped, but we definitely had a good ride today.

In an odd experiment when I got home I decided to make my recovery drink with fizzy water. Well, I needed a recovery drink and I like fizzy water, so why not try combining the two. I'll just save you the trouble of trying this one on your own. First of all, all it does is get really, really foamy and second, it kind of tastes like crap.

No comments: