Sunday, February 04, 2007

So the final camp recap.

The last day of camp ended as it typically does, in the bar with everyone having fun (and a few cocktails).We started with a little wine at dinner. Sarah, one of the camp athletes, had some wine sent down from her winery in Nappa. She and her husband make Joel Gott Wines, it was really good. Check it out. gottwines.com
Of course we had to finish up with the tie break game of wiffle ball.

Things got a little heated during the game.

And intensity was high. We lost, well more specifically my team got crushed. I think they called in the 12 run mercy rule.

On the way to the airport we had about an hour to hang out in Santa Barbara. It wasn't nearly enough time, but at least we got to go to a few of my favorite places, like Trader Joes and Santa Barbara Roasting Company.

On the flight back I saw Bob Roll. Here I am discretely trying to snap his photo. This was the best I could get.

Unfortunately flight delays kept us in Denver for 4 hours. Seriously, I could have ridden my bike home in that amount of time. Here Jim passes the time with some baby tossing exercises. We met up with Jim's wife and baby Luke in DIA when they were on their way home from Tucson.

So it's back home and back to the cold. Actually today it's pretty nice. Let's hope it stays this way.

No comments: