Friday, July 02, 2010

week 6 update 2.0

Since the first week 6 update I have a few more progress notes to make about this week since now that it's a few days later.

- PT told me I didn't need Robo-Arm anymore and to make it a "relic of the past". Haven't worn it since.

- Did the Incline with my other crippled friend Abby. Well, half, but still impressive that we both were in slings or casts and were still passing A LOT of people.



- Gave a little stab at running, arm didn't hurt at all (2 weeks ago it was too much jostling about)

- Still not riding outside, but think it's about a week to 10 days away.

- PT gave me the clear to start sculpting my guns. I promptly started in on some serious triceps work. As it turns out, 2lb dumbells are still a bit much for my Grandma-Arm. I couldn't even lift the 2lbs (hahaha). I'll have to work up to that and up to the one arm push ups, but at least I can start strength work.

- Range of motion for flexion today = 150 degrees, same as the right arm. Woot!

- Range of motion for extension today - 14 degrees. Still have a little work to go.

- I am still not in to riding the trainer, but I've been hiking a bunch. With the Tour starting tomorrow I'll just live vicariously through my fantasy team until I can get on the road.

Happy Tour de France tomorrow and 4th of July on Sunday!

No comments: