Monday, March 16, 2009

Today is the first day of the rest of my life, I guess. I started back at my new/ old job today in the main office working full-time today. Old because I used to work in the office full time, new because I am moving from a role of independent contractor for the past 4 years to full-time employee again. All that really means is I have to show up every day at 8am, groomed and dressed, and stay until (at least) 5pm every night. It's the same job I've been doing, I just wear nicer clothes while I do it (rather than my standard of sweats and a hoodie, kackies and a button down ).

After a full morning of emails and phone calls, we went out for a little coaches' practical today. It was just a little time to brush up on our hands on coaching skillz. It sure was nice out today... I am concerned about how dry it has been lately... see that ground underneath us? That is supposed to be grass, not so much now. It's real dry here.

The biggest thing I forgot about in the office was all the meetings and distractions that come up. See, I've been working "full-time" for the last 4 years, just not inside the confines of the office. What that meant for me today was that my regular 8-ish hour day on Monday turned in to an 11 hour day today... and I still have more to catch up on tomorrow. Phew, let's hope day #2 isn't quite so long.

1 comment:

Carol said...

When are you going to wear your green long sleeve? Then we'll really know you're serious about dressing up!