Saturday, March 07, 2009

Dynamic Duos

Throughout history there have been some memorable dynamic duos.


Of course, there's the original dynamic duo, Batman and Robin.
And who could forget Goose and Maverick.

And, some, we have been inundated with since childhood.
And let's not leave out the ladies.

And some may be of questionable sorts....
Of course, what I'm talking about is the return of my racing better half, the Batman to my Robin, the Cagney to my Lacey, the Salt to my Peppa. After a taking a year off to have her baby, Beth is back and racing again. Woot, Woot!


Today was our first race together in over a year, and it was just her and I from the team at the DU crit. We did our best, but we could not contain the fury that was Amanda Miller. She and Kori took off in a break. Beth and I cleaned up in the field to finish 3rd and 4th with some crafty teamwork in the last corner that allowed me to take the sprint from the chase group.

I can't wait for the next race!

2 comments:

b fisk said...

awwwwww, that's so sweet. i'm so excited to be racing again with you too.

Lisa Strong said...

that's so awesome ladies. I can't see past work right now but I think Moab will be the start of my training season... maybe by May I'll be ready to race... can't wait!