Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Longest Blog Post, Ever?!

Dear blog readers, I'm sure you've noticed a dearth of blog posts lately, and that is for two reasons. A) I have a real, grown up job now and 2) Blogs are passe and Facebook is where it's at. Not only do I update more often on Facebook, but you can also (nearly) follow minute-ly what I am doing during the day. If you're not already on Facebook, please check it out because I may just give up the blog for it soon.

So this is folks, me at my new/ old job at CTS headquarters. I have worked for CTS as a coach since October of 2001, I have worked part-time, full-time, part-time, and full-time once again. It's kizmet, it's like the rash that won't go away, I'm back working at the home office once again. (please note, the first picture captured of me on my first day and what is on my computer? (yes, it's Facebook)

In part of my transition back in to working with all the facilities available, I have opted for the two monitor, multi-computer functionality. Although, I like the clarity of my new monitor, all the cool kids are making fun of how big it is. Whatever, yo!, I can see what I'm doing without squinting you LCD mointor snobs.

I did try to make lots of friends in my first week back in the home office by brining in muffins from Wooglin's and keeping candy at my desk... By Mike and Adam's reactions, I think it is working.

I've also gotten a lot of new SWAG since being in the office. SWAG, Stuff We All like to Get. I've gotten Smith sunglasses, Pearlizumi jackets, Giro helmets, and the best is our new MBT shoes. Brianna and I got the same pair, actually several of us do, but I have to admit that I think I'm sold on the concept. You can go to the website to check it out. http://www.swissmasaius.com/Default.aspx
The basic idea is that these shoes return your feet to the nature bare foot on an unstable surface form, therefore, activating your core stability muscles more. So, there you go.

In trying on the new shoes, I did discover that the team Vitamin Cottage socks do have a integrity problem.

In the meanwhile, my good friend Gretchan came out to visit for 48 hours of fun. Gretchan and I are old racing buddies and spend some good quality time as housemates in our formative years.

We had a great time and were able to play dress up for a party.

The party, of course, was for our friend Bob. His 40th birthday was last week and we had a great time celebrating it!


Since then it's been back to the norm and hanging out with work friend and dogs after work.

Of course, the best part of coming back to the Office is office pranks. This morning we found Steve's bike hanging from the rafters when we came in. This time Steve got it, I can just imagine what they'll do to me next time.

No comments: