Sunday, November 16, 2008

Today it was real nice out. I mean 72 in the middle of November, I'll take it. I also took advantage of the day and did my first 4 hour ride in a loooong time.

While I was out there on that lonely road....I started with the group ride, but took off on my own because who needs to ride that hard in Nov?!... back to my point, while I was out there I realized I am out of shape. (As much as round is a shape, it is not a good shape for bike racing.) So I'm out of shape, my back was huting, my arms were hurting, I knew I wouldn't be out there if it was 40 degrees out today, and was happy to ride alone so I didn't have to ride hard with all the youngin's. It was then that I realized the only thing that keeps me from calling myself a fattie masters is denial.

No comments: