Sunday, November 04, 2007

Another night, another party. Wow, this is the most I've gone out in one weekend since camp. Tonight was the Colorado Velodrome Association year end awards and banquet.

Tonight also came with prizes. Not only did I win the Rider of the Year points series for the women, but also won for the master's women too (I knew being old would come in handy). I got a few shekles to boot for all the effort.

Kate won a well deserved Best Improved Rider. Good job Kate.

Later in the evening, business for the CVA was conducted. We were electing new board members for the CVA when I heard from the crowd "I nominate Renee Eastman", followed soon by someone else saying "I second the nomination" and presto, I am now on the board of the CVA. Looks like a new member of the board will be voting for 40 lap points races for the women every night of racing in 2008.

Later, Karl celebrates his win as male Rider of the Year and last call triple fisted. Way to go Karl.

1 comment:

The Pullems said...

Congrats, sis! We're so proud of you!