Thursday, September 20, 2007

So tonight was "officially" the last race of the season for me. Although I haven't touched my bike since Saturday night, I had to break the track bike out for one last night of racing.

Tonight was the last night of track racing, and I had to show up to defend the hotly contested rider of the year (aka ROY) season points. Also, when you're treated to sunsets like this, how could you not go to the track?
Melissa also showed because luckily her surgery was postponed. She says this was the last one because she's retiring.... but we all know she'll be out there again next year!

So the night went very well. I won 2 out of 3 races, including my official last race of the season which was the 5-mile. As a bonus, the win in the 5 mile came with this cool Mike Freedman trophy and x-ray glasses. I was also to have won a date with Mike Freedman.... I'm still waiting, as he did not come out to Old C's with us tonight.

As a super special bonus, I got the best prize any one has ever given me in bike race. Michelle "Mini-me" Sneath bequeathed to me her very special #1 track number. See, on the track we race with the same number all year long. This year I had #7, which has been very lucky, but Mini-me gave me the #1 she had been wearing all year. She finished 2nd in the points and I ended up winning Rider of the Year which is something I've never done before at the track and quite proud of. Thanks Michelle!

4 comments:

The Pullems said...

Congrats, sis! We're all very proud of you!

~kimmy a.k.a Kimberly Nuffer said...

Congrats on the W, Sparky!!

~kimmy a.k.a Kimberly Nuffer said...

Congrats on your W, Sparky!! Too bad for me I'm such a slacker and no showed for the last night of racing...

~kimmy a.k.a Kimberly Nuffer said...

oh, geez, i'm even a loser blogger. here i'm leaving my third comment...