Tuesday, September 11, 2007

So today I decided to do some "training" and I'll use that term loosely, since this time of year anything more strenuous than riding my bike down to Starbucks I classify as "training". (And some days I even call that training.) Anyway I was out doing the Colorado Springs hour of power, which for us is ride over to Gold Camp, ride the 23 minutes up, then ride back home. I think in Denver the "hour of power" actually involves climbing for an hour or some such nonsense up Deer Creek Canyon, but that's a debate for another day.

You'll always run in to lots of folks on Gold Camp though because it's really the only climb in Colorado Springs. Today I saw Sarah "Muscles" Musick.

Then I ran in to my old boss James and Alison "I'm fitter now than when I was still racing" Dunlap.

Then I ran in to this critical mass ride of a bunch of Freds descending the climb. Normally, I wouldn't harsh on dudes so much for being Freds but there were like 40 of them getting in my way and trying to take me out on the descent.

2 comments:

Kate Gracheck said...

Now that's scary!

CT said...

so a few freds are coming down. just put on your roller derby elbow pads and clear the way.