Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sleepless nights

I wish I could sleep this well.

I've had a lot of trouble sleeping lately. I blamed it on stress initially, but realized that it was this cute, little, sweet cat that has been causing most of my lack of rest. It's not that I can't sleep or even fall asleep: it's just that 'something' keeps waking me up frequently in the night. That's why I can't sleep.

It's actually quite a sad story, so I can't get too mad. Little Pest is just sad and lonely, so she needs a lot of attention. It's been about a month now since Budha passed away, and after 14 years of having a constant BFF, she has become a bit more needy. So, what has been waking me up, is just her crawling all over me and trying to sleep on my head, ect.

I hope this passes because for me it's mostly a reminder that Budha is gone, but I really do feel more sad for Pest now than me. She doesn't have her little buddy to sleep with or play with anymore and is lonely. I don't mean to get all crazy cat lady, but if your sister (litter mate), and best friend, and the one you spent 23.5 hours a day with for your whole life was gone you'd be sad too. So little Pest, I hope you hang in there, and please stop waking me up at midnight, 2:30 am in the morning, and also 3:30 am, and 5 am. Thanks.

No comments: