Sunday, June 06, 2010

Me and my buddy RoboArm

Me and my buddy RoboArm had a pretty busy weekend.

We rode the trainer. I made it a whole hour on Saturday. That's a record. RoboArm is pretty good just resting on the bars now that I've flipped the stem and put it them up a few spacers.


We went on a little hike in Red Rocks Canyon Park. I usually do this more in the fall, but with my new buddy RoboArm I have an excuse to go there this summer. It's real purty there. I should go more often, it's only 3 miles from the house.


RoboArm likes that you can see the Garden of the Gods from Red Rocks, and enjoys how much less crowded it is with tourons from Kansas.

I thought it would be fun to do some bouldering, but RoboArm did NOT think that would be a good idea. RoboArm needs 4 more weeks to achieve full bionic status.

RoboArm did like chillaxin in the sun though. Note how RoboArm has enough range of motion to be placed on the top of my head; however RoboArm still lacks the strength to lift itself from that position. I have to give it a little help from "regular" arm.

I did find out that RoboArm hand can be quite handy as a water bottle holder.

RoboArm was also helpful in other household chores, like spackling the wall in the garage. Now that I have so much free time from not racing I can get a lot of household tasks done.

RoboArm also helped with doing the grout on the tub.

I think RoboArm starting to get a life of it's own, it's even getting mail now.

That's all for now. RoboArm and I are going to watch some Law and Order later because as I've found out with all this recovery time, there is some version of Law and Order (regular, SVU, CI...) on at any given time of the day, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

1 comment:

bfisk's crazy days said...

you are so funny.