Thursday, October 23, 2008

As if I needed more reasons not to run...

Today, while on my way to crushing my PR on the Incline, I had myself a little crash. I'm pretty sure this was my worst crash of the year. Yes, worse than the one where I took myself out (along with 20 of my best friends) in that crit in Tulsa. I guess I got a little amped up when I saw I could go under 58 min round trip and came in a little hot in to the last switchback. The good news is I still beat my PR by over 2 min. So 58:12 round trip and even took a full minute off my best time on the way up (32:47).

Now if you'll excuse me, does any one have a gin and tonic? I've got to go peel my shorts off my ass and do some scrubbing in the shower.

5 comments:

b fisk said...

coming in hot...

wow, you did that walking! intense!

Carol said...

Whoa! No wonder you need to shower all the time!!!

Silas said...

Holy crap, dude! You win incline story of the day (just when I thought mine was clever you brought the blood).

kennyk said...

another award winning entry sparky.
coming in hot cracked me up.
gin and tonic...yummo

Lisa Strong said...

nothing like making it all the way up and crashing at the last switchback on the down... yikes