Thursday, July 24, 2008

Inspired by the Tour going up Alpe d'Huez yesterday we decided to go up our own little Alpe. Actually it's a pretty sweet climb and probably the best climb in Colorado Springs. It's up Crystal Park road and about 7 miles long (depending on where you start the start) with great views and no traffic. The problem is it's a private road and you can only go up if you're BFF with Melissa, which I am of course. Yesterday was actually the first time I've ever ridden to the top.

As an added bonus my old/ new training parter Karen Dunne came out to test her legs. Karen retired from professional riding several years ago and just this summer decided to dust off her bike for a little riding. After all those years of her kicking my ass on training rides when she was still a pro and I was still a cat 3 it's kind of funny to hear her breathing on a climb well before I do. I suppose 10 years from now I'll be riding with some young whipper snapper who'll say the same thing about me.

1 comment:

kennyk said...

just so you know, I heard Paul say something about "ramming it in the back of the yellow jersey".